Basic Life Support 2015
(formerly BLS for Health Care Provider or BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support)
Heart & Stroke Foundation
LENGTH OF COURSE :
- New Students - 1 half day with class (Up to 4 Hours total)
- Recertification - 1 quarter day with class (2 hours 15 minutes)
- Multiple classes offered weekly - Class #1 (Morning 9am-1:00pm) Class #2 (Afternoon 1pm-5:00pm) Class #3 (Evening 5pm-9:00pm)
Course length may vary depending on class size. At Saving Grace Medical Academy we offer smaller class sizes for more personalized student instruction.
- New Students - $85.00 GST Included
- Recertification - $85.00 GST Included
All Students will be taught at the same time receiving the same high quality training.
Discount will be given to students who have an unexpired certificate at the time of the course.
COURSE MATERIALS :
- New Students - Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS Provider Manual (print [RE3310E] or eBook [RE3310ED]), available for purchase at Heart and Stroke Foundation's Heart Shop or available in class
- Recertification - Manual provided for in class study
VALID FOR :
- This Certificate is Valid for 1 year through The Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Valid & Required for Nurses, Healthcare Providers, EMS and Fire
RECOGNIZED BY :
- Alberta Health Services, Capital Health, Alberta College of Paramedics, NAIT, U of A
AVAILABILITY OF COURSE
- New Students - None
- Recertification - Current (NOT EXPIRED) Basic Life Support Provider certificate from the Heart & Stroke Foundation
ENGLISH - This course is Taught and Tested in English and you must have a "Moderate to High" Level of Reading / Writing / Speaking English.
- The Alberta College of Paramedic's will accept both the Standard First Aid through the Canadian Red Cross & St.John's Ambulance and also the Basic Life Support Provider. Please refer to your Employer for details on which course fulfills the requirements in your area. For all working within Alberta Health Services this is the course most commonly requested to meet the AHS standards.
Swoop into First Aid and Give a Breath of Life, Let First Aid Training Be your Saving Grace.
TM The Heart and Stroke Foundation logo and word mark are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and are used under license.